To protect people and railway equipment against over-voltages, Lenoir Elec has developed PSNP (non-polarized VLD) and PSPL (polarized VLD) Voltage Limiting Devices.
The original design of these VLDs gives them remarkable characteristics:
- high transferred energy,
- tripping on a polarity of the voltage or on both,
- fi ring voltage adjustable (pre-set in factory/low or high),
- adjustable trigger voltage (in factory) low or high,
- visual indication of operation,
- operation signal by microswitch (optional),
- manual reset after operation.
For people protection, standards such as EN 50122-1 (IEC 62128-1), EN 50123-5 (IEC 61992-5) and EN 50526-1 (IEC 62848-1), make this device an essential element as soon as voltages above 50 V or 100 V appear at points accessible to people. The Lenoir Elec PSNP and PSPL over-voltage limiting devices can be used both in circuits supplied with direct current and in circuits supplied with alternating current.